The following standards and vocabularies are used in this project:
Dublin Core (DC) metadata terms
Library of Congress subject headings (LCSH)
DC metadata terms relevant to the content of this project were identified and a template was created for ingesting into Omeka using the CSV Import plugin. LCSH terms were created for tune types, instrumentation, and personal names. In some cases, variant non-LC SH terms were created. Creator terms include both performers and composers. When available, VIAF IDs were included in the subject and creator fields in order to provide access to authority name files and additional resources.
Modifications were made to several Dublin Core metadata fields and Omeka terms to accomodate project needs and these are reflected below with an equal sign.
The following Dublin Core metadata terms are in use:
- Description = Story
- Relation = View all items by
The following Omeka functions are in use:
- Collections = Song and Tune Types
- Exhibits = Essays and Playlists
- Tags = Part of Playlist
The default sort order of all content is in sequential order as it appears in playlists 1-10. This includes all individual items within "Browse Content," "Song & Tune Type," and "Playlist" sections.
Platform: Omeka, open-source content management system and platform
- Omeka v. 2.3 installed and hosted on the BC Libraries server and domain
Theme: Berlin Theme (customized)
- Custom theme is documented in our Digital Scholarship @ Boston College Libraries GitHub Repository
- HTML, CSS and php files in theme and root directories were modified to accommodate project needs
- Bulk Metadata Editor
- Clean URL
- CSV Import
- Dublin Core Extended
- Exhibit Builder
- Hide Elements
- Reference (i.e. Index)
- Search by Metadata
- Simple Pages
- Social Bookmarking
- Solr Search
- Audio is hosted in SoundCloud.
- SoundCloud metadata was uploaded using Ruby SDK via the API.